Monday, September 2, 2013

Introduction



Isaiah 61:1-2
The spirit of the sovereign lord is upon me, because the Lord has appointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the broken hearted and to announce that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed. He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord’s favor has come, and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.

 As a believer, I believe the spirit of the Lord is not in me for decoration or to just fill a space. The spirit of the Lord is upon me because I have been appointed to do; to do something. Above all, I have been appointed to spread the good news- word about our lord Jesus Christ. And this goes for every other believer.

Mark16:15
And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere.


And this is our first ministry, the ministry of reconciliation.

2Corinthians 5:18
All this newness of life is from God, who has brought us back to himself through what Christ did. And God has given us the task of reconciling people to him.

 This ministry encompasses:

1.   Bringing good news to the poor
2.   Comforting the broken hearted
3.   Announcing that captives will be released
4.   Announcing that prisoners will be freed
5.   Telling those who mourn that the Lord’s favor has come
6.   And with it the day of God’s anger against their enemies

This is the word for this program. Yes it is online, but the spirit of God is not limited. God will do ALL he says he will do. Liberation week is strictly spirit originated. It was laid upon my heart during my church’s monthly (July edition) fasting and prayer. I had to do it. I am too sure about this.  And I am too sure that the spirit of God is here.  He is here to liberate, to liberate the committed heart from all forms of holds.

I strongly believe that before the end of the week, we will be met at the point of our needs. We will hear good news, be comforted, released if held captive, freed if bound, experience God’s favor and our enemies will taste of the Lord’s anger since they’ve refused to back off.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

2 comments: