Monday, September 2, 2013

Jesus and the ‘woman’




Romans 8: 1-2
So, now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. For the power of the life giving spirit has freed you through Christ Jesus from the power of sin that leads to death.

 Jesus does not condemn you.

It is the devil that condemns and not Jesus. He seems to have the right to do so, especially if you are not a believer.  

Jesus has always cared for and respected the woman.

Jesus was once in human form so he understands what any man or woman could be going through. He does not discriminate.

John 4:7&9
Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, “Please give me a drink.”

The woman was surprised, for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans. She said to Jesus, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?”

Once he offered a (woman we would refer to as) a five time divorcee, who was also a ‘living’, life. He offered her the living water.

John 4:10
Jesus replied, “If only you knew the gift God has for you and who I am, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.”


When he met her, he engaged her in a long conversation. His conversation wasn’t even about forcing her to change, he was teaching her. He knew if he taught her she would catch the revelation and change by the power of what she’s heard. She would change by the power of the word.

By his words, he offered her solution, a better way of life.

Jesus does not condemn. He solves and he revives.

When she heard, she became filled and out of her belly flowed a perpetual spring.  


John 4: 13
Jesus replied, “People soon become thirsty again after drinking this water. But the water I give them takes away thirst altogether. It becomes a perpetual spring within them, giving them eternal life.”
John 4:28 -30
The woman left her water jar beside the well and went back to the village and told everyone, “Come and meet a man who told me every thing I ever did! Can this be the Messiah?” So the people came streaming from the village to see him.


Dear, if you know you need to turn, then, make that decision to turn around today. Take that step.  He knows deep down you reverence him and will like to come close and bow down to worship. He knows you wouldn’t mind washing off his feet with the tears of your eyes and pour him the most expensive perfume bought with your hard earned money.


You want him to smell nice even though you don’t feel right. Ignore other voices and come and sit with him. He will like to have a long conversation with you just like he did with that woman by the well. He will like to converse with you till you are filled, and filled till you are revived. But he can’t if you are still on the other side just observing and hoping. You need to come over and let him in. And he will give you his Holy Spirit. Then you will sit with him, sit with the word. He is the word. And he will fill you. I promise you, he will tell you who you are and what you’ve done. This is so you experience a self discovery and note mistakes so as to make amends that will move you forward.  Stagnancy will be a thing of the past.


There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. You will then experience liberty from the constant accusations of the enemy. Ordinarily, he won’t stop, it’s his full time job.


To give your life to Christ, please pray this prayer:

“Dear heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. 
Your word says “he that comes to me I will by no chance cast out”.
So I know you won’t cast me out. 
You said in your word that “anyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Acts 2:31).
I ask that you save and deliver me now.
I confess my sins to you right now. 
I accept and confess Christ Jesus as my Lord and Savior. 
Henceforth it is not my life I live anymore but yours-the life of Christ, the God life”.
Amen.

Please join a bible believing church.

Speaking about the life giving spirit (and its power) that has freed you. 

Jesus also said to the woman:

For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.” John 4:24.


You are spirit, you live in a body and you have a soul. Tomorrow we’ll talk about Jesus in you which is the Holy Spirit, his gift to us. He is the perpetual spring. We’ll share on how he is the most important person in the life of a babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment